{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Where everyone go?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where everyone go?

Post by Reb Stew on December 6th 2014, 12:23 am

Everyone was talking for a week and then nothing. Was FB down for a week? Very Happy

Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where everyone go?

Post by Chris55 on December 6th 2014, 12:55 am

I'm here every day. I answer all the new post I see.
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky on December 6th 2014, 1:20 am

I'm trying to post more.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster on December 6th 2014, 2:42 am

I'm still considering deleting my Facebook account. If it wasn't for so may friends that I have met with the automotive community Facebook would have been gone long ago.
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman on December 6th 2014, 5:21 pm

I'm on here most everyday. I look at the new post if any, but there have not been to many.I'm still enjoying myself looking around on here its a nice place to visit lol!
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ on December 6th 2014, 11:22 pm

I'm on here every day.  I stop in and check what's new and post when I have something to say. I hardly use my Facebook anymore. Just to check whats going on with family and friends. I finally figured out how to post pictures from my smart phone on the forum so that's a plus. Now I can add pictures to my progress updates.
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on December 7th 2014, 10:50 pm

Anyone want any changes to the forum let me know. Maybe we can make it look a little better.

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on December 10th 2014, 1:00 am

Nothing? No color change no?? How about some snow falling?

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 on December 10th 2014, 1:44 am

I like the new color now. I got a new phone, still trying to figure it out. Lol!
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 on December 10th 2014, 1:46 am

I do like the bigger font better. Eyes ain't as good as they used to be.
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE on December 10th 2014, 3:22 pm

The little switch is a cool touch. Takes forever to load onmy work computer though.

I check in almost everyday in the morning. I am working my 8 1/2 day here at my paying job, then go home and remodel the house so we can move. These 15 hour work days suck!

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook on December 10th 2014, 4:49 pm

Still liking the blue on black. It's easier on my eyes actually. And I totally dig the holiday homepage header! that is super slick! Very Happy

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman on January 15th 2015, 4:13 pm

HELLO HELLO is anyone out there????I'm so alone Laughing Good morning guys is everyone doing OK its pretty cold here its like 22 man when will summer get here Question I hope its soon sunny
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 on January 16th 2015, 4:10 pm

I used to get on here the very first thing in the AM when I got to work.  There was always something interesting to either read, comment on or raise he11 about.  Years ago when this deal started, there was a different environment, it seemed that the users had conviction or something, I'm not too sure what it was.  Maybe it was just the novelty of the new found way to communicate over distance about our likes and beliefs but there was a lot of traffic on here.  It wasn't always good but it was pretty spirited to say the least.  I can remember spending many a night hammering on the keyboard until the wee hours of the morning trying to get a point across or just trying to stand up for what I thought was the way things should be in my mind.  More than once I would have my wife proof read what I wrote before I pulled the trigger (hit enter).  The few times we went somewhere as a club there was always some sort of a fiasco but we had a good time.  It's hard to believe how long ago that was and how many either got fed up and dropped off or were run off.  Some of us spent a lot of time and money running up and down 75 going to meetings and get togethers for one reason or another.  We had parts flying off of cars on the way to the Drive-In (which was the first time at least 3 of the old cars were driven more than around the block since putting them all together).  We had ambulances come to picnics to care for people, got ejected from the Pumpkin Run for playing around, and almost got hit from flying drbris when some kid dropped a driveshaft doing a burnout.  There was the time that someone's wheel about flew off on the way to a race track up north and when there was quite a few fellows who got upset about some judging/trophies given out at a car show.  We used to have people posting pictures of car events and travels that they took not just reposting what was found other places on the interweb.  I know that Facebook is looked at as the root of all evil but I don't think that is the whole reason.  It is easier to post pictures and videos but I think the main thing is that you can find people of like interests and beliefs. I know that for me it's fun to post pictures from the races both past and present and then read the coments, sometimes from the car owners themselves.   Also for some the price of gas was a contributing factor for falling of the grid.  I know I spent over $35 in gas to drink a $.50 soda at Rabbit Hash a few times.  My frustration was in trying to get someone/anyone to go do anything.  At one time we did events by the Road Devils, Road Rockets and the HAMB, but that all stopped.  I couldn't get anybody to go places because the venue was too far or cost too much or there were too many fancy cars.  I just couldn't spend all the gas money to drive around and get an ice cream cone.  Just driving an old car is not that much of a thrill for me because I drive one every day to work and on the weekends because that's all I have.  When I burn a tank of gas, I want to have been somewhere.  There used to be a vast array of characters on here with different views but I think they're about all gone and it's a shame.  It was a lot of fun years ago.  Also, it seemed like anymore when ever I'd post something, somebody would get their feathers all ruffled.
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on January 17th 2015, 2:21 pm

Things have changed for sure. Thing is I looked into other clubs trying to figure out how to get members fired up wanting to do stuff. Even if it was just getting together for a grill out. What I found, at least in my local clubs was that it was all the same. Everyone was struggling to get people to do stuff. One meeting I went to I did a nice little speech at their meeting about trying to get the clubs to work together to get out and do stuff. The crowd seemed to be overwhelmed by what I had to say. Shook my hand and told me they was going to see me this summer and on and on. The president of that club wanted to talk to me after the meeting. Afterwards it was like a 180. Left me standing there like he looked at a wall before passing me a paper without even looking up with their show dates. No thanks for coming, no good to see you or anything. We went to a few of their gigs. Really we went to a lot of their stuff. BUT no one ever went any place with us. You would see maybe 20 members at one of their shows but any place else you would only see the same 3 guys hanging out and asking if our club had broken up yet. This came out of their mouth every time I seen them and still to this day I get it. They talked about having 250+ member but you never seen any of them. That was back when we was always doing stuff. After that deal and talking with many other club members I found out we did more stuff than anyone else. We were more active than the rest for years. Not sure why everything dropped off like it did but from what I see it's not just us, it's all clubs. They all are dealing with the same crap. I take the heat for running people off too. For many years the load of the club was on my shoulders. It was like an 80 hour week job I didn't get paid for. I begged and begged for help but no one came. With all the crap that goes on with so many people it's enough to drive anyone nuts. Then you have the trouble makers that just want to talk down to people or members always about themselves and what I have. If someone would have stepped up to take some of the BS everything would have been ok but I myself just don't do well with stupid people. It was either they go or I go. Knowing that no one else would take over as president and run the crew I was worried the club would fold. So I did what had to be done. Even now I set up chapter Presidents to take the load off but they don't do anything and I haven't heard from some of them in months. It is what it is.

We still have a killer club. We still get out and do thing. The core of hard workers are still here and we are out when the warmer weather is here. Would I like what use to be come back around again? Yea but I think we are doing just as well as any other club. I think it's just the nature of the beast. Last week some of us went out and found a couple old trucks. One of the newer club members bought one for his grandpa. It's sitting here at my place now waiting to get that Scroungers work session treatment and then he's giving it to his grandpa. His grandpa has no idea he even bought it for him. Stuff like that is what's it's all about to me. Making things happen and making people happy. As long as that goes on I'm good. Very Happy

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ on January 19th 2015, 10:36 pm

Just trying to make it through the rest of the school year. Keep us in your prayers
911TAZZ
Scrounger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 on January 20th 2015, 1:43 am

Just Working, working on cars....Loving my Vicki Nova....I am here in Butler County.....
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

View user profile http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 on January 20th 2015, 2:11 am

Almost 80 hours in at the shop last week, and this week looks like more of the same.
Chris55
FL Chapter President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ on January 20th 2015, 8:02 pm

Chris55 wrote:Almost 80 hours in at the shop last week, and this week looks like more of the same.
Thats a lot of hours Chris. it will make you an old man before your time my friend, I've cut back to around 50 or 60.
911TAZZ
Scrounger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 on January 21st 2015, 5:06 am

Already have 25 in this week..... Very Happy and already an old man.....lol!
Chris55
FL Chapter President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on January 24th 2015, 3:41 am

Forum is slow as everyone has said but there is still some cool stuff going on. Keep posting. I just sent out 2700 + bulk emails to forum members to ask for them to come back to the forum. We will see how that goes. Smile

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitts64 on January 25th 2015, 2:14 pm

Reb Stew wrote:Forum is slow as everyone has said but there is still some cool stuff going on. Keep posting. I just sent out 2700 + bulk emails to forum members to ask for them to come back to the forum. We will see how that goes. Smile

It worked for me. Thanks...
Pitts64
Car washer

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-02-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on January 25th 2015, 3:18 pm

Very Happy

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RBDuster on January 25th 2015, 7:00 pm

I want to say thanks for having the forum. I know that I am looking forward to meeting everyone and having some fun when I finally get the truck road worthy.
RBDuster
Car washer

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2014-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on January 25th 2015, 8:35 pm

Should be a cool summer!

Reb Stew
National President