{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Looking for a .45 ACP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Roller Coaster on November 7th 2013, 1:55 pm

I am looking for a reasonably priced compact or subcompact .45 ACP.  Something similar to a Taurus PT145, Springfield XD-S, or Glock 30S. If anyone knows of anything PM me.
avatar
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18
Age : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Reb Stew on November 7th 2013, 3:35 pm

I'm not too happy with the last 45 Taurus I bought. While it's not the PT145 the price tag was high enough I should have not had any issues with it. I had problems with some Taurus in the past but with all the hype I thought they had them in better shape.

The good was bought new. I haven't done any research to see if other where having the same problems but she's jamming. About every 4th shot. Change in ammo and a clip didn't help. Depending on what my research say will point me in the direction I'm going to go. send it to a gun smith to have it reworked or do it myself. Looking at it the ramp looks like it's not level with the barrel. I may level that and put a slight more angle on it and finish with a polish job. I do most of my own work so I'm not afraid to do it. Just not sure if it's worth the effort.

_________________
Get off the computer and get to work on your car

avatar
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08
Age : 97
Location : Looking in your window

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Roller Coaster on November 7th 2013, 6:43 pm

Out of curiosity, is it a 1911 or a 24/7? I have heard the Taurus stories, but thankfully never had any first hand experience with the mentioned problems.
avatar
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18
Age : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Brownie on November 7th 2013, 7:23 pm

Reb Stew wrote:I'm not too happy with the last 45 Taurus I bought. While it's not the PT145 the price tag was high enough I should have not had any issues with it. I had problems with some Taurus in the past but with all the hype I thought they had them in better shape.

The good was bought new. I haven't done any research to see if other where having the same problems but she's jamming. About every 4th shot. Change in ammo and a clip didn't help. Depending on what my research say will point me in the direction I'm going to go. send it to a gun smith to have it reworked or do it myself. Looking at it the ramp looks like it's not level with the barrel. I may level that and put a slight more angle on it and finish with a polish job. I do most of my own work so I'm not afraid to do it. Just not sure if it's worth the effort.
The guy I go shooting with had that very problem with his 380 and it was a Taurus. We could see were it was hanging up on the ramp...So we took a little off and polished it up....Never had another problem. We shoot 50 or more rounds thought it at a time and it runs them smooth. Does the slide get hung up? Or not go all the way forward?
avatar
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30
Age : 46
Location : Port Charlotte Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Reb Stew on November 7th 2013, 8:20 pm

Roller Coaster wrote:Out of curiosity, is it a 1911 or a 24/7?  I have heard the Taurus stories, but thankfully never had any first hand experience with the mentioned problems.
It's a pt945.

_________________
Get off the computer and get to work on your car

avatar
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08
Age : 97
Location : Looking in your window

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Reb Stew on November 7th 2013, 8:29 pm

Brownie wrote:
Reb Stew wrote:I'm not too happy with the last 45 Taurus I bought. While it's not the PT145 the price tag was high enough I should have not had any issues with it. I had problems with some Taurus in the past but with all the hype I thought they had them in better shape.

The good was bought new. I haven't done any research to see if other where having the same problems but she's jamming. About every 4th shot. Change in ammo and a clip didn't help. Depending on what my research say will point me in the direction I'm going to go. send it to a gun smith to have it reworked or do it myself. Looking at it the ramp looks like it's not level with the barrel. I may level that and put a slight more angle on it and finish with a polish job. I do most of my own work so I'm not afraid to do it. Just not sure if it's worth the effort.
The guy I go shooting with had that very problem with his 380 and it was a Taurus.  We could see were it was hanging up on the ramp...So we took a little off and polished it up....Never had another problem. We shoot 50 or more rounds thought it at a time and it runs them smooth. Does the slide get hung up? Or not go all the way forward?
It's strange. the spent round will make it out but the bullet from the clip end up jammed upside down when the slide comes back. It's like it's not hitting the hole in the barrel and jumping the back up. I'm pretty sure it's the ramp area not matching with the barrel. Bad thing is I did a little digging and while a lot of Taurus have some issues I couldn't find anything on this model. Maybe it's just a fluke. It just make me mad to pay money for something and have to work on it. Everyone brags on the trigger. I still think mine is tight. The weight is great compared to most. recoil feels like a 9mm even with hot loads. If I ship it off and they do some trigger work and fix the ramp I may as well buy a hi end gun. It would cost me the same. I have some money tide up in some gun work in the past even doing most of the work myself. It's not cheap but last thing I want is a jam if I get into a fire fight.

_________________
Get off the computer and get to work on your car

avatar
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08
Age : 97
Location : Looking in your window

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Reb Stew on November 7th 2013, 8:30 pm

Sorry to hi jack your thread, Greg.


Last edited by Reb Stew on November 7th 2013, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Get off the computer and get to work on your car

avatar
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08
Age : 97
Location : Looking in your window

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Roller Coaster on November 7th 2013, 9:16 pm

That sure is a purdy firearm! Laughing On the other hand, if it doesn't function correctly, it isn't effective.

Not a problem Steve.
avatar
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18
Age : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Reb Stew on November 7th 2013, 9:32 pm

I can always just throw it Very Happy 

_________________
Get off the computer and get to work on your car

avatar
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08
Age : 97
Location : Looking in your window

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Brownie on November 9th 2013, 2:33 pm

Reb Stew wrote:I can always just throw it Very Happy 
Laughing 
avatar
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30
Age : 46
Location : Port Charlotte Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Roller Coaster on February 13th 2014, 6:55 pm

I'm still in the market for a compact of subcompact .40 or .45 if anyone knows of anything.
avatar
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18
Age : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by pepboys speedshop on February 13th 2014, 8:05 pm

series 70 colt combat commander light weight in parkerized finish
beavertail safety adjustable trigger, mild porting, Crown city arms barrel
4 seven round mags
$1250.00

pepboys speedshop
BANNED

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Florence Kentucky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Roller Coaster on February 13th 2014, 9:41 pm

pepboys, honestly, that almost three times what I'm looking to spend.
avatar
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18
Age : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by RsvBill on March 11th 2014, 3:27 am

Get a Kimber or save your money
avatar
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28
Age : 40
Location : Independence

View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Roller Coaster on March 11th 2014, 5:49 pm

I have driven several automobiles, for several years, that have cost much less than a Kimber.   lol! 
avatar
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18
Age : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by RsvBill on March 12th 2014, 7:10 am

Lol
avatar
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28
Age : 40
Location : Independence

View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Brownie on March 12th 2014, 6:59 pm

Just got a S&W Shield 40. I have only been out 2 times. Shoots nice not as much recoils as I was thinking it would have. 460 out the door.
avatar
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30
Age : 46
Location : Port Charlotte Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Roller Coaster on March 13th 2014, 5:20 pm

I am stuck between a Glock 27 40 and a Springfield XDS 45.


Last edited by Roller Coaster on March 14th 2014, 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18
Age : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by RsvBill on March 13th 2014, 6:29 pm

??
avatar
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28
Age : 40
Location : Independence

View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by RsvBill on March 13th 2014, 6:30 pm

I'm really hating that I can't post pics
avatar
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28
Age : 40
Location : Independence

View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Brownie on March 14th 2014, 12:22 pm

RsvBill wrote:I'm really hating that I can't post pics

Why?
avatar
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30
Age : 46
Location : Port Charlotte Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Reb Stew on March 14th 2014, 2:58 pm

RsvBill wrote:I'm really hating that I can't post pics
We can post pics. This one it looks like you are getting ready to get cuffed. lol

_________________
Get off the computer and get to work on your car

avatar
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08
Age : 97
Location : Looking in your window

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a .45 ACP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum