{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

May 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down

May 2014

Post by dieseldr on November 5th 2013, 7:15 pm

Who's been to Pigeon Forge TN to the F-100 Nats? I'm giving a great deal of consideration to going next May. Any suggestions for lodging, routes, etc. I wonder if anyone would think I'd lost my mind by driving the 54 down to it. It's 740 miles one way according to mapquest. Quite a haul for an original suspended F-100 with a 4 cyl diesel. I"ll prolly be worn out by the time I get there, but I'm sure my wallet won't care, at 29 MPG.
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: May 2014

Post by Chris55 on November 5th 2013, 9:09 pm

I've never been to that show, but I have been to the shades show a few times, we had to book are room a year in advance in order to be downtown. 29 mpg rocks, and don't look at it as along drive look at it as an adventure. I drove the 47 from Ohio to Florida and it was a great time, lots of smiles and thumbs up. Just drive till ya feel tired, and then take a break, trust me each gas stop will take twice as long as normal because of all the questions.....Very Happy
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr on November 6th 2013, 1:07 am

I know all about the long gas (fuel) stops, from just driving it around home here. I've had the Mustangs for years, but they don't generate the attention and the thumbs up the ol' truck does... and they sure look at you funny, and sometimes come running toward me with voices raised cuz I'm "puttin diesel in that old truck!" Then they realize it's supposed to run on diesel, then it gets really interesting, the hood comes up, and there we are..... but honestly, it would be a fitting trip, since we haven't been on a vacation for about 15 years, and now she tells me she is going to Pittsburgh that weekend for the machine quilters expo (or something like that), so I just might have to make it solo. Just a little antsy going on a long trip like that, even though it's got about 3000 miles since the build without any issues excepting for a thermostat that disintegrated one day and slammed shut. A small wedge of wood fixed it. (and replaced the stat the following week- took awhile to get one) I would be putting a new water pump and a set of belts on before heading out on a two day trip (each way) with it. I don't know if any states require retroing seat belts into older vehicles, NY doesn't, so I guess I could check other states DMV and V&T regs before I go. Got a long time to think about it and plan for it. Just wondering how big a pain in the keester lodging is going to be. Sounds like you have some experience there, and thinkin I might need to act now for a room.

dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top