{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

My Pops cracks me up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Pops cracks me up

Post by Reb Stew on October 30th 2013, 8:56 pm

As most know my dad is in bad shape. He drive, can't hardly see or hear and just walking 20 foot makes him so weak he has to sit down. All my life my Dad kept his cars spotless. Even his work truck he would wash and wax it. The company would even tell the new GF's if you want to see how to keep your truck go outside and look at Bill Stewart's. So anyway I guess with all those years of keeping spotless cars has him down now that he can't do it. Mom drives the eyeballs out of his Buick. It's nothing fancy but he likes it. Mom told me he was upset that the car was so dirty in and out of it. I told her I'd stop down and get it and clean it for them. When I picked it up I seen what he was talking about. I had never seen one of my Dad's cars so dirty. Inside and out was bad. Me and the kids cleaned the brake dust caked mags, clean every spot of the car inside and out. I have to say it took us hours which seems strange but it did. I dropped the car off and never thought anymore about it. That was a couple days ago. Mom calls today to tell me thanks but now she has a problem. I ask what it was.. she said Dad looked out and the car was just shining under the street lights. He went out and looked at it and walked back in the house to tell my mom that she now has to drive her low mileage 35th Anniversary Edition Mustang. So as of right now Mom's Mustang is sitting on the street while his Buick is sitting in the one car garage. Laughing 

Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Pops cracks me up

Post by dieseldr on October 31st 2013, 12:17 am

Hate to say it, but it sounds like it's the Mustang's "time to shine". There's no accountin' for the way some people see their vehicles... sounds like your dad is pretty proud of the ol' Blooick. I guess if that's what makes him happy, you do what you can to honor that. Sure is a noble gesture on your part, and I would do the same for my Pops, if'n he was still around, but it would be cleaning his truck for him, not a BUick. I'd give anything to have one more day with him. (sounds like a song, don't it)
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel on November 1st 2013, 3:11 am

The things Dad says.. Some times we have no idea what he's talking about then he starts to laugh so hard and of course that makes us laugh. We will enjoy every minute we have with him!
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top