{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Cat got yo.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cat got yo.......

Post by Reb Stew on October 22nd 2013, 1:32 am

Tons of people on the forum today but no one post anything. Everyones day couldn't be as boring as mine. What going on with everyone?

Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cat got yo.......

Post by 911TAZZ on October 22nd 2013, 2:34 am

Looking at a possible road trip to Taylor, Mo. Saturday. John called about a 68 firebird. Might go pick it up.other than that just work.
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ on October 22nd 2013, 2:37 am

The guy says he has a junk yard with some interesting old iron he's parting out or even selling outright.
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas on October 22nd 2013, 2:40 am

Relaxing at my father-in-law's up in Wisconsin. Not doing much but hanging out. He's got one more show then putting the roadster away for the winter. Been showing him some of the work you guys do. Pretty impressed with it. Wants to know when Amy's roadster will be finished.
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 on October 22nd 2013, 3:22 am

Can't do much but sit, have been doing several craigslist builds.....lol!
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on October 22nd 2013, 3:36 am

Arieldouglas wrote:Relaxing at my father-in-law's up in Wisconsin. Not doing much but hanging out. He's got one more show then putting the roadster away for the winter. Been showing him some of the work you guys do. Pretty impressed with it. Wants to know when Amy's roadster will be finished.
Her ears must have been burning. She just came in from work and ask if we could get the 27 done by spring. She hasn't said anything about the T in a while and she hasn't seen this post. That's funny. we will be back on it soon. It's still at the old house. I need to get it here before some crackhead has it rolling down the alley.

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on October 22nd 2013, 3:37 am

Chris55 wrote:Can't do much but sit, have been doing several craigslist builds.....lol!
Chris you need to take it easy. You have me freaked out enough that I'm thinking of going in for a check up myself. Still praying for ya bro.

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel on October 22nd 2013, 4:49 am

That is so funny I was thinking about the T on my way home from work.. She will be up and running this summer with me driving her..
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 on October 22nd 2013, 5:05 am

Reb Stew wrote:
Chris55 wrote:Can't do much but sit, have been doing several craigslist builds.....lol!
Chris you need to take it easy. You have me freaked out enough that I'm thinking of going in for a check up myself. Still praying for ya bro.
Wish I could get everyone to go get it checked out, the doc said those aneurisms don't have any symptoms most of the time. When they finally split, you drop right on the spot no chance for help. They said even with me in the hospital, if it went that I only had about a 50 50 chance.....affraid  Thanks for the prayers though, will take all those I can get.cheers 
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE on October 22nd 2013, 2:55 pm

I got so busy at work, I was able to do a quick peek here and then back out. Man, it sure was a Monday, and I wasn't the dog....I felt like the tree, car tire, and fire hydrant Rolling Eyes 

Yep, those aneurisms are bad news. I was an EMT way back and while doing my training at an ER, they had a guy come in with one in his stomach, you could see his heart beat through the lump in his stomach. I heard after they rushed him into the ER, as soon as they cut through his stomach to repair it, that relieved the pressure and it burst, they could save him.
My dad's 2 were both down between the upper lobes of his heart on his aorta. Doctor said only thing keeping them from bursting was the lobes keep pressure on them, well, and the good Lord, they were paper thin. I go every couple yrs and get blood work done, also need a non-stress test done also since heart disease runs in family.

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff on October 22nd 2013, 6:23 pm

Took off work today and going to hit both remaining speed shops and see about their recommendation on a cam for the 55,since the 55 is a long distance driver gas mileage is getting to be more of a concern now so I doubt I will be putting a Y block back in right now. The nimrod I had build it stuck in a cam that starts making power above 2000 rpms and is not the rv grind I ordered,I am going to change the cam and intake and see how it does before I swap in a AOD and use the 3.55 gears from the 37. The cam change is going to be my winter project since I will not be going to Daytona this year and hope to squeeze a couple more miles to the gallon out of it before next year.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: