{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Vehicle shipping companies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vehicle shipping companies

Post by dieseldr on October 14th 2013, 2:46 am

Any of you ever had something shipped cross country by these auto shipping companies? I am waiting on the pictures of another addition to the collection, from California. If the pics show what I am looking for, I'm probably gonna go for it. The shipping costs coast to coast seem reasonable at just under a grand. Any advice, or companies NOT to hire? Positives, or negatives, or loopholes anyone has come across? They sure seem accommodating, and they sure are in a hurry to go pick up something I haven't even bought yet. I will be sure to insure it myself with a separate policy in addition to the freight company's coverage..... just can't count on a sure thing these days. Thanks for your replies.
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vehicle shipping companies

Post by junkyard junky on October 14th 2013, 3:27 am

I used a guy who advertises on the hamb. He's out of Ohio. Use to charge $1 a loaded mile but its gone up tp $1.15 unless its a long haul. I can get his number if you're interested.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr on October 15th 2013, 1:54 am

Thanks, but finally got some pics of what I was looking at, and it looked somewhat like a NY car instead of a southern cal car. But you don't know, till you follow through on these things. Never worry about what you didn't buy. Thanks for the reply, I am still in the market for a super duty single rear wheel pickup, so if I find something out there, I will get in touch.
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky on October 16th 2013, 1:20 am

What year?

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr on October 16th 2013, 2:17 am

I'm really not sure what I have in mind. I have a 2000 F-350 4x4 super duty, V-10 with 195,000 miles on it. I really like the V-10 for power, reliability, and economy. My truck is loaded down to 9700 lbs all the time, and I consistently get 12 mpg around here, and 14 if I have to go out on the interstate and keep it at or below 60 mph. I don't want a 5.4 because of the spark plug issues, and I don't want a power stroke diesel because of the repair costs- lets face it, most every power stroke is a maintenance and repair headache. So I guess I'm looking for something newer than a 2000, but seriously, I would look at anything around the 06-08 range, and I do want 4x4 because of some of the locations I need to access for customers, and I want to stick with a V-10, but I fear the next one won't get the mileage that I'm getting with this truck. I have a utility bed I would be switching over from this truck to whatever I get, and it is equipped with spacemaker top compartments, so to switch to another truck with a bed that doesn't have that feature will result in losing a ton of storage, so I want to use the body I have. I just put new sneakers on my present truck, so I am in no hurry now to replace it, since the 350's from 05 and newer use 17 or 18 inch wheels and what I have won't switch to one of the newer trucks being 16's. I wish these manufacturers would stop changing their product so frequently, and make a good old fashioned heavy duty truck with truck tires on it. And get rid of the fluffy stuff.

The other side of the coin is to go get a real job, and hang up the portable service business for a paycheck. Then I don't need a truck.
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top