{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

New one on me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New one on me

Post by Chris55 on July 24th 2013, 4:03 am

I was out front mowing by the road today after work. A truck rolls by, nothing strange about that till it pulls into my drive and heads up the driveway. By the time I drive the mower up to the gate , some guy has parked his truck in front of the pole building where I keep the toys, and is out looking over the 55. I drive over and shut the mower off and say" ummm can I help you?"  Him: Yea is Tom here? Me: Tom who? Him: The guy that lives here. Me: I'm the guy that lives here. Him: Well then who's Tom? Me: Don't know, who the F**K are you? ( getting a little crabby by this time)  Him: I'm Phil

Now onto the neat part. We were out of town this weekend for my daughters birthday. I had left the gate closed but unlocked, so my neighbor could feed the animals. On Saturday Phil had stopped at the gas station up town, and was wearing his Turkey Run shirt. As he was pumping gas, a guy came up and introduced himself as Tom and said he had notice Phil's shirt and wondered if he liked old cars. He then proceeded to tell Phil about the 55 Chevy he had for sale, and wondered if he'd be interested. Phil said yea, but he was on his way someplace so they made plans to meet on Sunday morning for Phil to look at the car. Phil said he got hung up and didn't make it out Sunday.

While this whole story is going on I'm thinking this guy is full of sh*t. I said well Phil looks like I'd better call the Sheriff and file a report, expecting him at that point to high tail it out of my place. Instead he says, that sounds like a good idea, I'd like to get to the bottom of this. (me too) When the Sheriff gets there, Phil tells his story again, and the Sheriff said he's heard of this before. He ask if the guy said he didn't have a title, and Phil said yes, but he'd told him he'd give him a bill of sale. Guess this is a new thing, if you have stuff sitting out, these lowlife spot it, and then get your routine down. They will post an add on the internet, (Sheriff said this is the first time he's heard of someone coming directly up to somebody) and tell people they can meet them when they know your not home. That way they don't really have to steal it to steal it.  He said he thinks he know who this guy is, and he doesn't live to far from me.

Phil apologized for the mistake, and the Sheriff took down all his info, and his license number.  The only question I have, is how did this guy know we'd be gone all weekend? The only one who knew was my neighbor, and he's a great old guy, that I trust. But know the gate stays locked, and the 55 has been moved behind the boat, may end up running a chain through the frame to a post also. So watch out if you see any adds that say no title, and keep your stuff out of sight.
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New one on me

Post by Brownie on July 24th 2013, 12:33 pm

Wow!! I think I would tell a few people I was going to be out of town...Then stay home with a few freinds. (9mm and 12g.) To greet these fine folks! Evil or Very Mad 
Crazy Crazy people out there today..Dont want to work for it they will just take yours! Suspect 
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff on July 24th 2013, 11:39 pm

I would get with the guy that came up to your house and set up the other guy to get busted.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 on July 25th 2013, 2:28 am

That's what I had in mind Mike.Twisted Evil 

The cop ask Phil if the guy gave him a number and he said no, just a time to meet up. Good thing for me he got held up.
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on July 25th 2013, 4:40 pm

Wow. You you left Ohio to get away from crap like that, have a better life and you have to deal with stuff like that there. Sickens me. It would be nice to catch up to this guy but the thing is there not much the law can do. It's a slap on wrist. You could scare the crap out of him or even smack him around but guys like this don't care and they never learn. If you break his nose he would have you in court getting money from you for beating him up. It's a shame the world we live in these days. Seems like it just never ends.

I wouldn't set him up to get him there and let it out but if he was to end up on your property a good old fashion Louisville Slugger beating to someone that kept coming after you on your property(even if he wasn't) would be in order and with no one to see what happened it is his word against yours.

Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: