{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

flywheel grinder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

flywheel grinder

Post by dieseldr on May 12th 2013, 8:03 pm

Been doing a few heavy clutches lately, trucks and tractors, and have discovered I could make a few bucks more, and save actually more than I make if I had a way to resurface flywheels without having to drive 150 miles to get it done. Been looking online for a used machine, no luck, but one of the NAPA stores in the area decided to stop doing flywheels and offered up their grinder. It appears to be in good shape, but really, REALLY filthy. Got it home and did a quick resurface on an old ford wheel, does a nice job, but have learned I need to tilt the grinding head a little more,and I need to clean out and flush the coolant reservoir. Hopefully by the end of next week I can get it going and start getting a return on it. I figure the savings alone on having to chase down having one done, 2 trips each time will save me $150 per job.... 12 clutch jobs will pay for it. Plus whatever other work I can pick up with it. Finding out other applications this machine can be used for, if you can clamp it down and it will fit in the table area, it can probably be resurfaced. Even some sharpening applications it can be used for. Got a 14" dog dish flywheel to resurface this week, both upper and lower surfaces will need ground to get proper setup dimensions, looking forward to seeing how bad I can screw this one up!
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top