{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Boston Bombing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boston Bombing

Post by Reb Stew on April 16th 2013, 12:35 am

As a kid I remember being in school and having to test alarms to keep us safe in case Russia shot their nukes at us. People my age should remember these things. EVERYONE was worried about going to war. The Cold War left a lasting impression on anyone that lived through it. We are lucky nothing ever happened. Having Irish blood on both sides leaves me looking at the issues over there. Years ago it was common to have bombs go off weekly. People getting killed due to their religious belief. The IRA battled for years even with the Brits due to this. I often wondered what Americans would do if this type of thing happened here. Through the years America grew numb to the thought anything like this could happen. Fast forward many years and we now have it here. Some need to wake up and take a look at what is going on.

Sorry for the long writing I'm just at a loss. It's something I always feared that would happened. Not for myself but the thought of how long and how bad will this get. Will this be left on our kids door step to deal with after we are dead. It could be.

Pray for the Boston people that have to deal with this in their backyard.

Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Boston Bombing

Post by 6-71Kid on April 16th 2013, 3:18 am

This is one of the things that I hope never happens but on the other side I can see how easily that it could.

I'm definitely praying for Boston and all of America
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster on April 16th 2013, 3:46 am

Unfortunately, the United States is changing from the United States that we grew up with. The United States used to be both respected and feared globally. The United States used to be a Christian based nation. And, the United States used to be united. Honestly, the current state of the United States truely scares me.
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas on April 16th 2013, 12:30 pm

As of 10:00 last night no one had bragged they did this. While it is a cowardly way to fight at least the IRA and AlQueda have an agenda. This is just some wacko that gets his cookies killing and hurting people. It was probably a lot easier (just look in the kitchen cupboard) to get the stuff to make a bomb than a gun in Boston. Evil or Very Mad
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 on April 16th 2013, 4:48 pm

I have three grand babies. Often I think how this world will be when they grow up and I'm long gone. Makes me sad to think that I'll will not be able to protect them from the evil this world is heading for.

Last edited by Marty042 on April 16th 2013, 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2010-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on April 16th 2013, 5:02 pm

Marty042 wrote: Makes sad think that I'll will not be able to protect them from the evil this world is heading for.
That is what I'm saying. While I hope it NEVER happens I fear it will. If it does I'd just assume it happens now instead of when I'm dead and gone and my children have to deal with it. I feel that this is just the first stages of what we will be seeing here in the U.S. for years and years to come.

Doug I hate to say it but you are right. I almost hope it was just some nut and not our friends No over in the sand pit. Dealing with one scum bag is better than dealing with hundreds of thousands that don't like us.

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on April 16th 2013, 5:10 pm

Roller Coaster wrote:Unfortunately, the United States is changing from the United States that we grew up with. The United States used to be both respected and feared globally. The United States used to be a Christian based nation. And, the United States used to be united. Honestly, the current state of the United States truely scares me.
Greg I'm right there with ya.

I was watching the news a few weeks ago when they where talking about a school that had a picture of Jesus hanging in it. The picture was huge and had been hanging in the same spot for over 40 years. There is a group that fights against this and started pushing to have it taken down. Think about this. Not a parent of a student but just a group of people that take it to court. The school refused to take it down so this group pushed the court. The school's insurance company told them they wasn't covered if the won this huge law suite the group was going after. The school told the court they would take it down due to not being able to pay if they lost the case. 40 + years it hang there and now it's gone. The way I feel about it if you don't like it don't go to that school.
If this keep up it won't be but another 10 years or less we will have "In God we trust" taken off our money.

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas on April 16th 2013, 5:20 pm

Reb Stew wrote:If this keep up it won't be but another 10 years or less we will have "In God we trust" taken off our money.

Ya' Think!! No

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/14/atheists-sue-u-s-treasury-in-effort-to-remove-in-god-we-trust-from-currency/
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster on April 16th 2013, 6:48 pm

Reb Stew wrote:If this keep up it won't be but another 10 years or less we will have "In God we trust" taken off our money.
On the other hand, in the state of Kentucky, you can still get it on your plate! cheers
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top