{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

makin' room

View previous topic View next topic Go down

makin' room

Post by dieseldr on February 25th 2013, 2:09 am

Got a call Saturday night from a Mustang contact in Medina, NY. He had heard thru the grapevine (or somewhere) that since both my Mach I's were finished, that I might have a few items I was willing to part with. Told him to "come on down, he was the next contestant on the price is right". Today he and a close friend made the 80 mile trip, and 3 hours later he took off with his F-150 full front and back, my shelves and sheds a little more open, and $420 in my hand. He made off with tach dash clusters, fold down rear seats, interior panels, quarter windows, a '70 428 shifter with lower boot (real hard item to find, the lower boot), weatherstrip channels, exh manifolds, and a host of stuff I can't even remember now. Some of the stuff was on the rough side, some was pretty doggone fair, none of it perfect, but him being retired, he has lots of time to prissy this stuff and make it into something. He has been in the Mustang hobby and business for over 25 years, we have a great deal of respect for each other, and we both parted the transaction quite happy. I'm sure if I had taken the time to refurbish and redo a lot of that stuff and I'd have made out a lot better, but now I don't have to find the time, and I can move onto other things, and got a little cash I didn't have, to go get some more items for the 34. Plus with the extra space I can spread out what parts I got left to see what else I can thin out to make room (and cash) for other parts I can use. And I don't have to lose money on flea market space to try and get rid of it. Perfect!
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: makin' room

Post by Nanook on February 25th 2013, 3:33 am

Always nice to make a few $$$ and help a buddy out! Glad that it worked out for you both. cheers

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on February 25th 2013, 4:12 am

Every time I clear a shelf it's just enough room that I can buy more expensive junk to put back on them.

Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr on February 25th 2013, 11:22 pm

Ain't that the way it goes? Now that I've started on my 34, I'm learning a lot- mainly that my wallet needs to be quite flexible..... it gets fat, then it gets really really slim!

Now I got enough empty shelves I can spread what's left around, so I can figger out what to sell next!
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top