{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Another crackhead goes down.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another crackhead goes down.

Post by Reb Stew on January 11th 2013, 5:59 am

There is an older guy that just bought a house 3 doors down from me. He used to be in the Clutch Jumpers Car Club that use to be here in Newport in the 50's and 60's. He has been robbed a couple times and this Sunday they got all the copper out of the house and $200.00 in new wire he just bought. He is telling me about this today.

Tonight the alarm goes off in my backyard. Yea! you can't even walk in my yard without me knowing. Anyway I walk out but didn't see anyone. I wait a few minutes and from my back yard I see the older guys security light go on in his back yard. I tell Amy to call the cops and tell them I'm down there and not to shoot me. The guy has 6' fence in the back and it all locked up. I walked around to the alley and wait. A few minutes goes by and the police show up. The Police walk through the front yard with their lights on and here come this guy over the back wall. The fence is 6' and it sits on a wall that is at least 3' high. He cleared the fence feet first and landed on his feet running. It looks like he would have broke his leg but he didn't.

I was about 5' away and he came by me at full speed. All I could get a hold of was the bottom of his jacket. I had to reach so far to grab him it knock me off balance and down I went. This guy wasn't that big but he drug me out into the alley like 15 feet before I was able to sweep his legs. He came down hard. This guys was kicking like a mule. Every time I thought I had a grip he was able to get loose. He had one knee in my side and on the handle of my gun. It was holding me from mounting him. He kicked so hard that he knock the button loose off my holster. We rolled around and while this was going on my side arm came out of my holster. It's on now!

I stepped it up and was able to mount him. I had to bounce his head off the ground to get him to stop fighting but at least that did it. It's been a long time since I have been in a hand to hand fight this bad. My finger got twisted, jammed or something while we were at it. It's hurting all the way up into my hand. I'm not sure if it's broke or not. I think it's just jammed but I guess we will see how it looks in the morning. My sidearm was 4' behind us. I kept my eye on it and him in case his buddy came around. He went through the front and got away while the cop was coming around the block to help me. The guy wasn't your normal crack head. He was not as big as me but most aren't anyways. What freaked me out was he looked like special ops guy clearing that wall. black shoes, pants, jacket, glove, boggin and his face painted black. He had to have a car close. There is no way he would walk to far with his face painted like that.

Now while everyone knows I'm trying to move and everyone knows this isn't the first time this has happened here. What pissed me off is my gun. The Ruger I sometimes carry was a great friend and brother in law that passed away. The gun has a lot of meaning to me because of where it came from. I wouldn't take any amount of money for this Ruger. This schmuck messed it all up. While fighting with him the gravel from the alley messed up the finish on the gun. It also scratch grooves into the wood hand grips. Fighting with the guy never bothered me. I got pissed after seeing what damage was done to my Ruger.

Last edited by Reb Stew on January 11th 2013, 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another crackhead goes down.

Post by Cratethis on January 11th 2013, 6:06 am

Sucks about the gun being messed up. Glad you not hurt any worse and that you got the guy.
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on January 11th 2013, 6:08 am

I'm getting too old to roll around with these guys. I'm getting more sore just sitting here.

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis on January 11th 2013, 6:10 am

Oh I bet
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook on January 11th 2013, 4:22 pm

Glad you got him and my thanks to you for being a good citizen. Bummer though about your finger and the damage to the finish on your Ruger. Think of it this way though...those scars were earned doing the right thing to help someone who could not help themselves. I am sure that your neighbor is VERY grateful.

Kudos To You,

Lee
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by extenzegrl on January 17th 2013, 10:14 pm

Any word yet about sightings or other
Break Ins?
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2010-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on January 18th 2013, 2:59 am

Haven't heard much.Today 3 young kids broke in and was on the roof of that old house in front of me. I run them off. Any trouble down your way?

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by extenzegrl on January 18th 2013, 3:04 am

Not that I am aware of. And we are in the ghetto. Lol
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623