{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Really REALLY upset (baseball related)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Really REALLY upset (baseball related)

Post by Nanook on January 9th 2013, 9:21 pm

What an embarrassing day for baseball and any fan of the game. Sad Not a single man voted in this year. Mad Mad Ummm, 'scuse me...do the names, Biggio, Bagwell, Piazza and Raines ring any bells? This year saw so much self-righteous and sanctimonious nonsense from many voters/writers. I am just disgusted by this year's vote. And any writer that sent in a blank ballot should have their privilege removed without explanation. Think about it...if your boss gives you a responsibility and you decide 'Nah, I think I'll turn this in blank 'cause I don't like the choices I have to make' you would get an EARFUL from said boss and it would be back on your desk with a 'Complete this ASAP' Post-it attached. How these writers think they can rationally make this kind of decision and think they are better for it is beyond me.

Seriously...I am steamed. Called my wife (who also loves the game) and had to rant for 10 minutes. I can honestly say I have not been this fired up since the '94 strike. I'd find a hitting tee and take my frustrations out but I'm afraid I would throw a shoulder out from swinging to angrily.

Maybe Angrier Than I Should Be,

Lee (diehard Yankees, Reds, A's, Nationals and Tiger's fan)

Last edited by Nanook on January 10th 2013, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Really REALLY upset (baseball related)

Post by JRiggs on January 10th 2013, 5:19 am

craig jeff or mike one of them should have made it in. wth
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ on January 10th 2013, 5:47 am

Total BS.
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis on January 11th 2013, 5:51 am

Nanook wrote: And any writer that sent in a blank ballot should have their privilege removed without explanation. Think about it...if your boss gives you a responsibility and you decide 'Nah, I think I'll turn this in blank 'cause I don't like the choices I have to make' you would get an EARFUL from said boss and it would be back on your desk with a 'Complete this ASAP' Post-it attached.

First let me say I don't follow baseball. Fell out with it with the last strike and just never got back into it.

That being said, let me play the other side of your statement. If my boss told me to write the name of someone deserving and I truly thought that no one deserved to have their name on the paper, but I wrote a name on there any ways because I thought I was obligated to then I would hope my "privilege" to put a name on the paper would be taken away. If I told someone to honestly give me the name of someone and they gave me the name of someone that they know shouldn't be on the paper just because they don't have the guts to just hand me the blank paper back saying they don't believe there is any names to write down. That would be the person that I would no longer want picking things. Then they are just picking people because of a requirement to pick a name and not honestly being objective and honest about their decision.

Again I don't follow baseball and there may have been people deserving of the hall of fame. I don't understand the whole having to be "rejected" so many times before making it in. Or not have enough votes for 3 years in a row. Not enough votes would be the same a being rejected. Seems like there ought to be clearer guide lines of getting in or not. If they weren't deserving the first 3 times and they haven't played a single game for years and their stats never change, then they should never be allowed in. If they were rejected last year then what makes them qualified this year to make it in? Their stats aged so now they carry more weight? Too much politics in sports as it is. This just takes the cake.

Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 40standard on January 15th 2013, 2:20 am

Pete should be in it!

40standard
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2007-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis on January 15th 2013, 3:24 am

40standard wrote:Pete should be in it!

Go Pete!
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ on January 15th 2013, 3:29 am

I agree, but they aren't gonna let him in until there is a change at the top.
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top