{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Fast and Loud

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fast and Loud

Post by Reb Stew on October 16th 2012, 12:53 am

Just wondering what you guys think of the show? I have seen all of the shows. they are interesting to say the least. While some guys seem to like it many of the traditional hot rodders are freaking out. I have read more bashing about Richard than I ever thought I would.
I like the show. Not because it's really good but it is about cars and it is a little different than other shows that use to be on. It has to be better than a couple years worth of fighting between a father and son that builds bikes! Rolling Eyes

I have followed Richards rise to fame. He has been doing this a while. He is a hot rodder and fellow gear head. I'm not sure why everyone is bashing him. The part you see is TV. It's not 100% true. Granted he's not in there ripping cars apart, he doesn't have too. He runs a small garage, finds half built or total junkers and tosses a few bucks at them to resell. He makes money! You can't blame a person for wanting to make money. After all, he is putting clunkers back out on the road and giving them a new life.

Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fast and Loud

Post by extenzegrl on October 16th 2012, 12:57 am

Probably because they are jealous. We watch the show all the time. I wish I could own a garage like that and have that turn over. Some people just can't be happy for others.
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2010-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on October 16th 2012, 12:57 am

This car was built( well chopped ) at Gas Money Garage a long time ago. Before all the TV crap. Richard has had many well known guys that has cut their teeth right in his garage. While Richard may not be a one man, back yard grease monkey he still should get bashed for doing what he loves.

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on October 16th 2012, 1:15 am

Here is a reply from another forum where he is getting bashed long before the show ever came out. Jan. 2005

I have first hand opinions about what ever the f*** Gas Money guy's name is, based on events in Colorado, Texas and SF. They are just that, OPINIONS. And they're about him

I didn't come into the scene at the last minute and try to buy myself into it. I helped MAKE THE SCENE, along with a bunch of others on the HAMB and beyond, so don't even talk about me and him in the same breath.

I'm a big enough man to tell it like it is. I think you guys are WAY too talented to be hanging around that guy. I really hope I'm wrong about him and his slick-palm sleaziness, for your sake. And if I am I'll be the first one to admit it.

BTW My cussing does not mean that I dislike you, I don't even know you. I'm just pissed off. Heck, when I meet you at the show I'll give you a big hug. I'm serious, I'll do it.

First of all Kirk you are right, the guys that work for me are way talented!! Thanks for giving them credit.

That said, you are entitled to your opinions, but we have met only ONCE, 3 weeks ago in SF you were receptive to me and had nothing negitive to say in person. We even did business together, I bought some wheels from you.(you took the money right from my "slick sleazy palm"). Hell, you even let me sit on your bike and check it out. But you continue to bash me here on the Hamb.

Have conviction in your opinions or give the new guy a chance.

I have worked and slaved for everything I have. I don't come from money. I rode the bus and carried a discount lunch card!! I am f*****g proud of where I am and of my company.
You said if you are wrong you will admit it... hopefully this is true and you are the man you say.

As always you and anyone for that matter, are welcome at my shop anytime.

MarkX really wants his Hug!!!

Gmonkey

"all are welcome.. step into the light..."

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on October 16th 2012, 1:18 am

Sorry if appeared as grandstanding, I was sh**faced drunk and trying to buy the car before the guy changed his mind. I don't have alot of money and I,m risking everything I do have on my business.

Don't hate me for the polished rig. Its the most economical option to get cars and goods accross country every month and I even transport other peoples cars to help offset the cost. I,m just a working man doing the best I can.

I am just lucky enough to be doing what I love(cars)...for money.

Your impressions are wrong and I don,t mind earning my stripes.

Hope to see you in Detroit!!

Gmonkey

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on October 16th 2012, 1:26 am

Here is Mark, a guy that use to work for him in 2004. This is an old posting too. He's been getting beat on for a while. I just don't get it but I like Mark's reply to some of these guys about his shop.

Ok,....... so whats your problem with GasMonkey?....... Im workin for the guy....... no, he doesnt build these cars .....but half of you fucks CANT build shit either........... hes a buyer and a seller .....yeah he talks loud and fast ... thats just him....maybe too fast for some of you.... you would too if had the money or the balls(buy ans sell)....... hes cool to work for ....lets me use my artistic ablity and is having me build and REBUILD some sick shit as we speak! ....... so I guess say what you will .......... but while you fags are on here suckin eachother off we're doin shit ...........

you bitches can now resume complaining about your pussys....

PS..... hes just listing the car how some of you illiterate fucks write........

later bitches

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on October 16th 2012, 1:40 am

Here is a Model A they worked on years ago. I alway thought it was a neat beater.

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 on October 16th 2012, 1:59 am

Seen them all.. I like it.
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff on October 16th 2012, 2:55 am

Its a ok show but the problem I have with it is the same with all the car shows that have popped up lately,it seems they have to build it in a short time and the drama that goes with it. I wish they would just shut up and build the car in the time it takes to do it right.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainman on October 16th 2012, 4:25 am

I like and watch ALL car shows, I think most people who bad mouth them is because of the injected drama the producers pu in! I could do without all tha myself!! But I'm sure there is an element of jealousy by some. When certain people get passed by, their only way of dealing is to try and pull someone back, instead of stepping forward! I say, more power to them, it just gives me something other than Dancing with the weirdo's to watch!!

rainman
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2011-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainman on October 16th 2012, 4:26 am

Looks like my TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT is giving up!! ha ha ha

rainman
wrench fetcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on October 16th 2012, 4:38 am

rainman wrote:I like and watch ALL car shows, I think most people who bad mouth them is because of the injected drama the producers pu in! I could do without all tha myself!! But I'm sure there is an element of jealousy by some. When certain people get passed by, their only way of dealing is to try and pull someone back, instead of stepping forward! I say, more power to them, it just gives me something other than Dancing with the weirdo's to watch!!
Twisted Evil

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff on October 16th 2012, 6:03 am

Just watched the episode where he lost his behind on the 48 Chevy and the 63 caddy convertible.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainman on October 16th 2012, 1:09 pm

Seems to me they give waaaay too much for the cars they build!!

rainman
wrench fetcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John B on October 16th 2012, 3:52 pm

My problem with these shows is the auctions they take these cars to. The 32 three window is a good example. That car was beautiful and didn't even break even at auction. My theory, they are in the wrong auction. Look around the shots of it sitting there waiting to go on the block. That auction was all about Antiques and classic sports cars, then they roll the 32 up there and no one bids. Is that a big surprise? Like trying to sell a carburator to a tuner kid.

The green gasser not selling for what it was worth is a different story. I blame that on the nasty looking monkey head on the side. I contend that the car would have brought 25% more if he had held his ego in check and not put such a HUGE DECAL on the side of that one. Maybe they should have announced that the graphics were removable.

My favorite person on the show is Sue. At least she tells him straight up what a dumb butt he is.
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman on October 16th 2012, 4:04 pm

I have seen all of the shows 2 or 3 times .I have too say its a good show they are bringing them back to life. But I myself would keep a few of them if it were me Cool lol!
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 on October 16th 2012, 5:19 pm

I WANT MY MTV!
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JESTER64 on October 17th 2012, 3:07 am

Ive watched the show a couple of times.I like it reguardless of what he does with the car's.Getting them back on the road is better than them sitting idle.

JESTER64
GA Chapter President

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2012-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas on October 17th 2012, 5:05 am

I don't have cable so I rarely se a lot of these types of shows. I have to go looking on the internet or catch them at a bud's house. They are always entertaining whether you like the people involved and the results they acheive. And THAT is what TV is about; entertainment.
I agree, it's better to have them back on the road than one more pic on the HAMB sitting and rotting.

Just Sayin'. Wink
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by reddogg on October 17th 2012, 5:21 am

Yep, your right its TV entertainment. Really not to bad of a show.

reddogg
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JESTER64 on October 18th 2012, 3:58 am

How many people do you think they have working behind the scene's on any of these show's?

JESTER64
GA Chapter President

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2012-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew on October 18th 2012, 4:46 am

I figure a lot

Reb Stew
National President

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky on October 20th 2012, 12:02 am

Checked my facebook today and saw where a friend commented on a picture. I guess someone was dissin Jesse James so he had a truck dump a load of manure infront of their shop and put a "pay up sucker sign" sign up on top. Very Happy

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top