{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Drugs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drugs

Post by RebStew on March 8th 2012, 4:00 pm

I can't count on my hands how many people I know that have lost their life to drugs. I have seen first hand the problems it causes with love ones and have seen close friends and family members brought out in body bags after an OD. It seems like with what these people see from others that have past on they would try to get some help.
Yesterday I was working on the car in front of the house. Here comes the cops and fire trucks roaring down the street. They go in a house across the street from me and they are in there for a while. Another cop shows up with a camera as the fire trucks and EMT's are leaving. I already know what happened. Some young girl lives there but she's outside on the street. I hear another girl asking who the guy is and she's yelling she doesn't know his name. While I don't feel sorry for crackheads I do feel sorry for the pain the family is about ready to go through. Like I said I have been in their shoes.
A few minutes later I see a girl I know walking down that way. She's crying. I ask her what's going on and she said they think my brother Sam is in there. It makes it worse to find out I know this guy. It's Sam Turner. About 18 or 20 years ago he had a cool Chevelle that ran pretty good. I use to hang out down at his brothers house all the time and he would launch the car off the trans brake on W 10th. The stickys he had on the back would leave clean marks on the blacktop where it was hooking on the city streets. I always like Sam but I haven't seen him in 12 or more years. For most of the local guys if the name doesn't ring a bell it's Jessie Turners brother.
I called Mikey to see if he can get Jess up here and then my mind starts wondering as this crackhead girl starts telling Sams family she's sorry but she didn't do anything wrong. She starts yelling out that he took some pills last night to go to sleep but just didn't wake up thins morning. What bent me out of shape even more was this little crackhead was partying and sleeping with Sam for two days but didn't know his name. You would have least think this girl would know his first name if she getting bones by some guy for two days. What in the world is wrong with these friggin' people.
I didn't know Sam got hooked on this crap. I walked down and talk to Jess for a minute and told him I was sorry and the only words he could get out of his mouth was (BEEP) drugs (BEEP) drugs did this.

Wanted: 1950 Buick bumper and grille.
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Drugs

Post by Chris55 on March 8th 2012, 9:23 pm

My heart goes out to his family for their loss. It sucks when anyone dies from drugs or alcohol, but it worse yet when it's a young person with their whole life ahead of them.
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodaaron77 on March 8th 2012, 11:28 pm

This chick is crazy I almost knew I would end up having some trouble out of her. My car is in the garage where this happened. The second day I had it she called the landlord and said I was watching her pee through the wall. Come to think of it she didn't ask my name either
hotrodaaron77
Scrounger

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2010-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skinnyj on March 25th 2012, 5:06 pm

Unfortunately I forsee this happening to someone close to me also. No matter what you tell them once they are set in their ways nothing but the person themselves can change it. I also have known 4 or 5 friends die from this. A person has to want to change before anything will change.

skinnyj
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on March 25th 2012, 6:08 pm

That's so true.

Wanted: 1950 Buick bumper and grille.
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head on March 25th 2012, 7:55 pm

I too agree. The pain and anguish don't end, except for the persone that dies. The rest of the family and friends have to live with the after effects. I have known several friend that chose not to clean up, for what ever reason. My heart goes out the the family and friends.
Motor Head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-01-26

View user profile http://www.HotRod-Haven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: