{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Yes I'm okay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yes I'm okay

Post by RebStew on September 1st 2011, 12:07 am

I don't normally get too personal on here but everyone keeps asking if I'm okay. I'm fine at this time. When they say it pours when it rains. Well I found out how true that is. I have been having some problems with my family life. I don't want to get any further than that but everything seems to be getting better with some work and time. That was pretty hard on me and then I get a call from mom. She thinks my dad had a stroke. I get to where he is but they have him in the car already and taking off. Almost everyone I ever loved and lost I didn't get to speak to them before they passed. I was praying that if he did, at least wait until I could see him. Even if for only a couple minutes. We made it to the hospital and I opened his door to get him out. He looked bad. He could not stand up and his face on one side was dropped. They worked on him for a while before I could get back to him. He was scared and was wanting to know where I was at. We talked and I explained to him that he's a fighter and this was nothing. A little therapy and he would be good as new. He could hardly talk and his left side was very week. He could pick his leg and arm up but not for very long. It seemd to me the first day they did nothing. No drugs to try to help. No IV or anything. He has cancer and a few other problems and the doctors were boggled why he did not have surgery when he found out he had cancer. He's a Christian man and believes God can take care of him. He wouldn't let them cut him open. That was 7 years ago! He's still kicking. They wrote him off 20 year ago too when a blood vessel burst in his brain. The Doctors gave him till in the morning to pass. No surgery and he came out of it and within a year you couldn't tell anything had ever happened. I'm rambling so bare with me. Anyway the first day was a waiting game. Other than a CT nothing was done. It was almost like they were just waiting for him to die.
As I start talking to my mom she tells me she has been waiting for this to happen. His dad, my grandpa died from a stroke and it happened just like dads. It came on slow and then got worse and by the next morning he passed. So now I'm stressed to the max.
My dad is in his 70's and believe it or not his mom is still alive. My grandma lives down in Corbin, Ky. All dads brothers are dead other than one so I was wondering where he was. His wife calls the room and tells me that Uncle Gene is down in Corbin and my grandma spent the night in the hospital and the next morning there was nothing they could do for her and sent her home to pass away in her bed and not at the hospital. I told her not to let dad know. I knew this would surly kill him if he's sick like this and his mom dies. That night he looks at me and tells me he's going numb. He can't move anything on his left side. I get up and start working with him but nothing is moving. I walk into the hallway where I find his nurse. She is in a yelling match with another nurse. I tried to get them calmed down and then she said something smart to me. I won't say what I told her but she stopped and that was the last time I have seen that nurse other than for her to come in and say she was sorry about 10 times that night. Anyway after the drama fest they start checking him out. They call the Doc and he orders another CT and they take off with him. When they get the test back everything looks like it did. No change. My sister and I both were telling them that something wasn't right. The next morning they do a MRI. Guess what? He had another stroke!
It was nuts, the emotional roller coaster between my own family problems, my dad having two strokes and my grandma looks to be gone soon too. I won't bore you with lack of sleep, not eating and my brother freaking out at the hospital and trying to beat up guards and other crazy stuff. My dad spent some time trying to get through the strokes. The last two days he's been doing physical therapy and speech in between his naps. We got him into Gateway for agressive therapy and they should be moving him from the hospital now to Gateway.

I know some people have tried to call or see me and ask if everything is fine. I wanted to thank you for that. I'm a pretty private person so don't take it to heart if I haven't called you back. I'm just not in the mood to be a wreck in front of my friends.

Keep us all in your prayers. Thanks guys!

Steve

Wanted: 1950 Buick bumper and grille.
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yes I'm okay

Post by Arieldouglas on September 1st 2011, 3:41 am

Hey Steve,
I was wondering where you were. You're always on. Now I know. I am so sorry for your Dad and Grandma. The only thing I can offer is my prayers and you already have them.
God bless you all.
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ on September 1st 2011, 3:44 am

Same here, you and your family are in my prayers as well.
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil on September 1st 2011, 4:50 am

I know how stuff like this can feel, and just know that you're not alone. Take your time and get everything worked out. I love ya buddy. You know you're in my thoughts. The phone's on if you need anything. Wishing the best...
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis on September 1st 2011, 6:01 am

Praying for you and your family!
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 on September 1st 2011, 10:58 pm

Praying for you and your family man....call if you need anything at all
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 on September 2nd 2011, 12:51 am

been thir they punt u on a rollor coaster ride .
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on September 2nd 2011, 3:23 am

He's doing a little better. We have him over at Gateway Rehabilitation Hospital now. It's crazy all the stuff that's going on. When he got to this new place he finds his sister 4 doors down in the same place. I sit and wonder about everything that is going on and it seems like a bad story someone wrote. How could all this stuff the family is going through happen all at once. I'm not sure whats going to happen but it looks like it's going to be on me to get some stuff done like finding a new house and selling their old one. The property has to go. It's too much land and the steep hill is too bad in the winter for them to deal with. I hate to see it go. Bad part is a few years back we could have sold it and it would have fetched a pretty penny. With the market now we will be lucky to even sell it.

Admin

Number of posts : 1624

View user profile http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun on September 2nd 2011, 6:56 pm

Sorry to hear of all of this Steve, I really am. I know how it is to be quiet and not say much when things like this happen. Things like this are hard enough to deal with, let along talk about it and bring it up when you have so many thoughts and worries racing through your head. Nothing I can really say to ease your worries, but just letting you know I'll be praying for you and your family.

da injun
Mechanic

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxter Fordly on September 3rd 2011, 12:12 am

Hang in there Steve. Take good care of yourself so you can be there for your Mom and Dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Truxter Fordly
OH Chapter President

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 on September 6th 2011, 7:09 am

I've been out of town and reach for a while. Wondered what was up when I never got an answer back. I hope things are turning around for you. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1388
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on September 6th 2011, 2:22 pm

Thanks guys. Yesterday morning I went over to see dad. He said he was dreaming that he could tap his fingers. He woke up and looked down and he was tapping his fingers. You know you never know how much we take things for granted. Something as small as moving a finger is a huge thing in our dailey lives. He's working on getting better and is doing pretty good right now.

Admin

Number of posts : 1624

View user profile http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum