{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Busy night with the kids.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Busy night with the kids.

Post by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 5:54 pm

This weather has put me in the house for a weeks now. Seems like it's always raining or overcast. Last night me and the kids took off to get out of the house and put some miles on the Fire Chicken.

First stop was a meeting with the New Regional leader of RKC. RKC is a car club for Imports and Domestics. RKC has been trying to get a chapter started here for a year now. It has been pretty rocky with some of the old members they had. This is the second meeting with them. First one wasn't so good. We met at my garage with their Chapter Pres and our, then Sgt. at Arms Big Dog. The meeting went okay but nothing was worked out and I told Dog that they had a long road ahead of them to make it around here. Since then the trouble makers have left and there is a new Regional Leader for them stepping in. Talking to her last night made me feel good to see someone wanting to step up 100% for her crew. She has some good ideas and I think we will be seeing this car club grow around here.

Last edited by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wanted: 1950 Buick bumper and grille.
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Busy night with the kids.

Post by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:00 pm

Next we took off up the highway to let the wings out on the 'Bird. We ran south down I-75 for a few miles and then turned around. The drive back was just as fun. Driving the 'Bird around town with the cam jerking you and sitting at lights to where you have to clear the carbs to pull off without a hesitation gets old sometimes. With the 330 gears in the back I can once again get movement out of her. It's like a different car on the open road. I still have my 90/10 shock in the front so I wasn't doing anything crazy but just enough to have a little fun.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:10 pm

We took the Florence exit and headed to Dream Street. Everyone my age remembers Dream Street. It was the place to be when you was a teenager. Bumper to bumper hot rods cruising up and down the strip. Someone ask me one time what street this was it on? I said Dream St. They said yeah. The Dream Street Cruise, what street is that on? I was confused at first. They thought it was a made up name. Dream Street is the name of the street! lol I guess to someone out of state that is a gear head it does sound funny. Street of choice for cruising when I was a kid was Dream Street. Alot has changed since then. No more cruising the strip with hundreds of cars bumper to bumper. Now it's just a sit in the parking lot type of street Sad It's still nice to go and talk to some local hot rodders though.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:12 pm

The kids didn't have dinner yet so we went to see their old friend Ronnie next door to where we was hanging out.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:14 pm

We had a light meal and went to hang out for a minute or two. Aryan walked around snapping pics.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:17 pm

Randy Turner was there already boosting the club. PR work with everyone goes along way. We have one guy that may be going down to Olive Hill with us after we talked to him about it.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:25 pm

The kids and I loaded up and took off to 3L where the F-Body club hangs out. I promised the kids ice cream so they were ready to see their buddy's other house on 3L. Randy and his better half walked in shortly behind us.

Aryan got his suger buzz going and was cutting up. I think he got more on his face than in his mouth.

Heather was trying to duck the camera but that just makes it worse. Laughing

Last edited by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:27 pm

The F body club had a pretty good turnout. It was dark so no pics to see. We did talk to some of the guys. Some stuff the Scroungers were doing was brought up. Lee said that he may try to get his group together for our run down to Judy's drive in. That would be nice if they could. Having a big group cruising the back roads is always fun.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:37 pm

Randy and I jumped in our Pontirags and headed towards Newport. Nice cruise down the highway followed by a short burst of speed. I came of the highway and stopped at the light. The car was running good and I had a smile on my face. About that time I hear the police sirens pull up behind me. My heart sunk I looked up to see Randy's smiling face behind me. He got me good. Randy screwing with me didn't take that feeling away so I was gone again. Randy had drove on past me about 1/4 mile and I blasted it up to his car. Aryan is a speed demon and gets a kick out of it. He started laughing so hard that he had us all laughing in the car. After a 5 minute laugh session I ask him what he was lauging about. He started laughing again and through his teared up laughing spells he said dad.. You scared the crap out of me. lol It was a good night to just hang out with the kids for some one on one time.

Last edited by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on May 28th 2011, 6:41 pm

It was getting late but we still cruised around Newport for a while. Stopped at Jeff's house and Johnny was there. We Hung out for a while talking and by then it was after midnight. It was a busy night. Some of which was just PR work for the club. Sometimes we need to do this.

Next week is the Carter County run. I hope everyone can make it. We need to get some of the crew together and just go out and have some fun. No worries, no problems just get out and make it like a mini vacation away from our normal lives.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top