{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

CCC Cruise In

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: CCC Cruise In

Post by Cratethis on June 7th 2011, 3:26 am

hahaha!
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodaaron77 on June 7th 2011, 3:40 am

never thought of that one, ill stick to phoenix, just so no one gets confused lol steve and kyle can fight that one out, and if we stayed on the odd channels, started in the basement and switched every time that would work too wouldnt it
hotrodaaron77
Scrounger

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2010-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 on June 7th 2011, 3:44 am

Well Ken, first of all no one ran off and left Johnny behind. Steve had to pull off and three of us pulled over with him and the others drove past us because they didnt see us in the lot we pulled off in. We hooked back up in Maysville and i know i made a left turn that i shouldnt have. For me it is the ride there and back that i enjoy and i had a blast. Me and Mikie ran some cool old roads on the way down and i just wish we took some pictures of it but we were just rollin on. I had no phone service and no check list to worry about. Every day of my life im worried about doin this and that and time frames. Saturday we jumped in the 67 and we rolled out! Put a few hundred miles on the old girl,hung out with friends,had a good time,made it back home with my all friends within a 1/2 mile of each other...Life is good and the Club/Friends i have are great...Cant wait for the next one!!!
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU on June 7th 2011, 4:38 am

Joe, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. This is a collective of people that likes to drive their cars, not just park them & look at them. I'm all about that.

I think people are taking offense instead of looking at things from a global perspective and asking a few simple questions: Whether there are easy ways to make a longer cruise like the one we just had work better? Also, would it be helpful or not to have an inexpensive simple means of communication so everyone is on the same page? Stuff breaks. I know that. My stuff breaks. That's no big deal. It's all about communications. Our capacity to communicate was very limited. Don't want to consider fixing it, then don't.

The question was asked whether any members had any thoughts. I shared my thoughts. If I can't be straight up and say what I think to you or you to me, or any other member, there is no basis for real friendship either within the 1/2 mile radius of you house or beyond. Cheers.

Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 on June 7th 2011, 4:50 am

Right on .... i like it straight on.....i was sharing the fact that we didnt run off and leave Johnny as you stated....cheers
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 7th 2011, 5:16 am

I had a great big bunch of words wrote earlier and before I could post it the AC, dishwasher and a few other things blew the breaker causing the computer to shut down. I guess that was Gods way of telling me to not post what I wrote. Very Happy

I had a good time. I miss my buddy Ron and I'm glad he came. How much did I miss him? Even after the trip down I walked over and gave him a hug in the parking lot of the cruise in. It's true that we may need to be more up to date and be prepared more but I didn't have a spare either. It was brought up to Randy and he said he had me covered if I had a blow out. I won't get into what I truely feel but I will say that most of us have known each other for a long time. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my friends. We take the good with the bad and make a go of it. No matter what. The ride home was enough to want me to load up and go somewhere with this crew the next day. I have never been left behind when I had trouble and I have never left anyone behind when they did. Ken I put you to a little test during the cruise. When Joe went up the wrong way you upset me with the way you spoke to me. It's not what you said to me but when I said we need to go the other way you kept pushing for me to go. I even walked away because you were yelling and when I looked back you were still yelling and waving me on. After we hit the road and headed out Ron had the blow out. You were kind enough to let him use your spare. I understand that. But you still were bad mouthing everyone. I thought to myself that this will see where you fit in. I told you that you could wait or if you wanted to go on we would meet you at the cruise. If you remember I told you that like 3 times. It was done for a reason. During the cruise down and in your post you said the club should stick together and also that we should pull into the show as a club. I agree 100%. The problem is when I gave you the option, you drove off. No one else in this club would have done that. I would never have left anyone including you on the side of the road. I'm not sure what else to say. I do enjoy your company but I wonder if slumming with us is what you really want to do. You are more than welcome to do anything we do but to tell you the truth nothing will change. There will always be trouble on the road. There will always be issues with people, cruises or what we do. The way we do things may not be right to everyone but that why the club has the members it has. Loyalty beyond what any other club or bunch of guys would have. I made it down there and back with my friends. Watching the line of cars coming back was cool. Someone always stayed behind Johnny in case he was going slower or having issues. Joe up front breaking through the blackness of the night. Looking at the cars as we tagged both lanes of AA at times was great. I had a great time and I think the guys I run with are the best group of people that a man could have around him. Any situation that would ever come up I could trust these guys. I hate this being on the CCC post and not in the private section but this goes to show everyone out there. We deal in a strong friendship, loyalty and being there when needed. That is where you gain my respect. Anyone that is wanting to join this club has to play by those rules or you won't fit in with this crew.

Wanted: 1950 Buick bumper and grille.
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 7th 2011, 5:34 am

Enjoying Subways.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 7th 2011, 5:37 am

The gas station we stopped at to see if the rest of the crew would turn around and came back. We should have took the back drop as a time to get some killer pics of the cars at and old station. Sami snapped this one from the back seat of the 79.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 on June 7th 2011, 5:41 am

RebStew wrote:The gas station we stopped at to see if the rest of the crew would turn around and came back. We should have took the back drop as a time to get some killer pics of the cars at and old station. Sami snapped this one from the back seat of the 79.
There was a few good old store/gas station front that we passed up and should have stopped for a few pics....
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster on June 7th 2011, 8:01 pm

I am stills not convinced. Is that the look sternness or constipation?

Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 7th 2011, 10:51 pm

Laughing Could be a little of both.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 on June 7th 2011, 10:53 pm

corn cob I'd guess....
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

View user profile http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 7th 2011, 10:55 pm

falconwagon62 wrote:corn cob I'd guess....
No we don't play those Buckeye Birthday games. Very Happy

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel on June 8th 2011, 9:25 pm

John B wrote:
hotrodaaron77 wrote:I am the only old school one hear. walkie talkies, cell phones, what happened to a good old cobra and a wilson 1000 tunned to ch 19

Then you guys would never get out of the UDF parking lot. Be to busy trying to figure out who is going to be Bandit One and who is going to be Bandit Two.
Too funny!
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 on June 8th 2011, 9:28 pm

what is the date for this next month john..going to see if i can get them to do it again....... Very Happy
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John B on June 8th 2011, 11:19 pm

jbs10 wrote:what is the date for this next month john..going to see if i can get them to do it again....... Very Happy

July 2nd, we usually throw down for the July version. Dash plaques, multiple awards etc. All still free of course.
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

View user profile http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John B on June 9th 2011, 2:09 am

Also the more I look at Randy's 64 , the more I think he really needs a custom Astro van. Very Happy

John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

View user profile http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel on June 9th 2011, 3:33 am

The van is a pimpin ride!
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 9th 2011, 8:59 am

Randy's a pimpin' type of guy! affraid

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 on June 9th 2011, 5:48 pm

Z-YOU wrote:

The cell phones didn't work for most of our club for whatever reason. Compact walkie-talkies aren't very expensive and they have a pretty good range. When I've traveled long distances with other cars we all carried a walkie tuned to a particular channel
Got to thinkin about that and im up for it if any one else is. Im going to install a small cb in the glovebox out of view and when we go on a cruise just sick a magnatized anttenna somewhere on the car. If anyone else does the same or has a walkie talkie they can tune to the same channel. As a trucker i use mine on a daily basis to keep up with traffic and bears, but it never really crossed my mind for our cruises. 10-4 Smile
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top