{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

CCC Cruise In

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: CCC Cruise In

Post by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 7:37 pm

Amy told me not to take mean looking pics. I give her this look at John cought me. What a Face

Wanted: 1950 Buick bumper and grille.
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 7:43 pm

Ron found a full size spare while he was there thanks to Joe.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 7:46 pm

While Randy was off touring the country sides of Kentucky all alone he ran off the road and riped his already loose muffler off. I also wondered what those back door handles were for. cheers That got him back with us and he fixed it better for the trip home.

Last edited by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 7:46 pm

Most of us enjoyed some of Subways AC and food while we were there. Telling our war stories to each other as we ate. It was a rough trip down and to tell you the truth I was a little worried about the trip home. Talk of bad storms in Campbell County and with the trouble coming down left me wondering if we would make it back last night.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 8:04 pm

I enjoyed the rest of the cruise in and talking to everyone. I wish I would have had more time to hang out with some of the guys in Olive Hill. It's always great to see them. Doing these mini long hauls are a way to keep this hobby alive. Support goes a long way with any club. There were a number of clubs at the meet and I was suprised to find out that we won club perticipation. Everyone was bunched together for a picture other than Joe. He ran off to get something and missed out. I don't have that pic but will try to get it. It was pretty dark so it may not come out. Thanks again for the cruise in fun CCC. Heath brought a apoiler section for Aryan's 79. He's going nut already thing morning wanting me to put it on. I told him he'd have to wait untill the parts get painted.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 8:11 pm

As the night run on there were a few burnouts, more chatting with friends and I'd have to say that I was no longer worried about the drive home. With friends like this we need not to worry. You find out that when the trouble comes you are not alone here.
:lol:Joe insisted that he was not having car trouble but was doing preventive maintenance.. The Chevy was chugging a little so was doing a mad thrash to get it right.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 8:23 pm

We said our good byes, stopped by the gas station in Olive Hill and headed west.

I have to say that the drive home was perfect. Nice cruising speed through the country roads. The nose bleed front lift of Aryan 79 had us looking up at the stars while jamming on the radio. It was a perfect trip back home. No issues at all. Gas stops in Maysville and then on down to Campbell County. The sky was shooting lightning bolts all over it. It was a great show. Good thing is no rain! It drop one or two drops and then it was just a light show all the way home. Guys thanks for coming on this run. I had fun. It started out rough but it was worth it to me.
Has anyone seen John and Lori? Very Happy

Cinci skyline.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 8:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HP9o2Tp8T0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John B on June 5th 2011, 8:38 pm

John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

View user profile http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 8:42 pm

Thanks John for the the pic. I still have no idea why we don't try to get a group picture with everyone. Maybe next time will will find a place on the way and get the cars lined up with us in front for a group shot.

As always JohnB did a great right up on the cruise. Here the link.
http://www.cartercountycruisers.com/forums/index.php?topic=2184.msg17028;boardseen#new

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 8:51 pm

I can't help but to post what John wrote. This pretty much sums it up. John has a way with words. 100% perfect and I understand where and what he is talking about. I still have no idea why John is not writing for a big magizines some place.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After midnight and the road home is dark, but Iím cruising along with the windows down and the music up. As I back into my driveway Van Morrisonís voice come drifting out of the Astroís speakers. I turn out the lights and kill the engine but flip the key back to accessory and let the music continue. Stepping out of the van, I walk out into the yard and soak up the warm summer like air as Into the Mystic keeps playing out of the stereo. Lighting flashes off to the west but the thought of rain doesnít bother me and the sound of the wind playfully pushing around the wind chimes next door just adds to the peaceful feeling I have at this moment in time. This has been a good dayÖ.but once again Iím way ahead of the story

Eight and a half hours earlierÖÖÖ.

Pulling into the NAPA parking lot in Olive Hill, Iím almost dreading this cruise. Itís always a mad rush at the last minute and this time weíve really pushed ourselves to have a good cruise. If all indications are right, we should have a good crowd. Heath isnít here yet and as I start the van to pull out and take a lap through town, I see Johnny Smithís black V8 S-10 swing into the entrance. I throw the gearshift in reverse and back up and shut off the engine as he parks next to me. Johnny is a big supporter of our club and is among the multitude of guys we consider family in our own messed up way. As I start to unload the equipment, heís right there lending a hand. Thatís how things work between car people, ya know. A little while later Heath comes pulling in, his own V8 S-10 rumbling itís way onto the lot. Heís been at McDonalds calling bingo numbers. I canít help but shake my head in amusement and laugh. Just what you do for the community when they need a hand. Besides, no one in their right mind gets in the way of a group of bingo lovers.

As the speakers are placed on their stands another V8 S-10 thumps onto the lot, this evening might well be the invasion of the engine swap. Jonathan Napier has drove his newest toy from Ashland to hang out with us.

That sense of dread is now retreating to the far reaches of my mind. How could I not want to be here? This is where anyone would want to be, with the people who get them and appreciate what they do. Sure Iíd be real happy if someone from West Virginia could make it, but you canít expect the perfect day right? Once the PA is up and running the rest of the crew makes their way onto the lot and people are showing up for the cruise. As I adjust the volume on the amp, Johnny Russell sums it up well, ďThereís no place Iíd rather be then right here, with my Redneck. White Socks and Blue ribbon beerĒ We donít have the beer but we have the good people he sings about. Some of the best people actually, at least in our opinion. Eddie, Mom B, Courtenay, Heath, Dumplin and even little Cait are hanging out and talking. The sound of a healthy V-Twin cracks as that legendary gold-flaked chopper slows down to make the turn into the lot. Cassanova McGillicutty has made the ride from Richmond. As he kicks down his stand, we hug and shake hands. Weíre not afraid to show our love around here. We know all too well that only wasted words are the ones not spoken. More and more vehicles are coming in. There are our friends from the Asphalt Angels rolling in as a group. We rolled to Wheelersburg with them just last weekend, but it seems like an eternity. Darin, Carol and Tony from Sizemic Car Club are here, they had a bad experience down the road that we all regret happened, but like the good sports they are, they shrugged it off, looked at each other and said ď We know where weíre appreciatedĒ Then headed on up the hill to NAPA.

As I walk through the lot, I pause to look around and a sense of peace comes over me. The stress of disrespectful people who just want to profit from our way of living erodes away. The real car people know where they are appreciated. At the registration table I turn to see three vans coming down Main Street with their signals on, yeah they are coming here. Bluegrass Vanners and Hillbilly Vanners are old clubs that have lived the van life for years, they know what they like and make no apologies to those who canít perceive what itís really about. I know Iím proud to see them at our little cruise-in and to call them our friends. As the evening rolls on we see more and more old cars and custom vehicles on the street. The Scroungers car club finally makes the scene, their trip from Newport, KY has taken them longer then they planned, but they are here now and the fun just intensifies. The difficulties they experienced on their trip down are now forgotten as the smiles and laughter rings out and catching up is done.

To an outsider it might seem like a bunch of cars in a lot, but itís more, much more then that. Itís like a family reunion or like a class reunion but without the judgment and the people you never wanted to see again. To some itís a hobby but to many itís a way of life. They live and breath the paint fumes, the smell of oil, the feel of the wind blowing across your arm as you drive down a country road with your friends lined out behind you in your mirror, the conversations in parking lots, the long nights in an old garage and the busted knuckles that come with it. Itís all that and much more you can never understand, till you live our lives.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel on June 5th 2011, 11:37 pm

John you have a way with words!! You should write for a living and get paid for it! I had a great time. As Johnny said"It wouldn't be a Scrounger cruise if no one broke down". I feel like Johnny, Gage, Steve, and Sami. When's the next one!! Thanks to the World Famous Carter County Cruisers for their great southern hospitality, love, and fellowship..
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John B on June 5th 2011, 11:51 pm

I do thank you all for the kind words about my ranting style of writing. The problem is that I can onlyt write about what moves me. I don't see anyone paying me for my random thoughts on other subjects.

Maybe I should write a self help book. I could call it, Shut Up No One Cares cheers
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 5th 2011, 11:53 pm

See what I mean. Now that was funny! Laughing

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 6th 2011, 5:12 pm

No thoughts from the rest of the crew? I did hear that John and Lori made it home.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster on June 6th 2011, 5:23 pm

Due to lifes current requirements I have not had any of my vehicles out of the garage this year. Fortunatly, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and my goal is to get the vehicles ready and on the road by Cruisin' the Country.
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU on June 6th 2011, 5:59 pm

I've already expressed my thoughts and I don't want to alienate anyone, but here goes.

We did a pitiful job of traveling as a club. I thought the idea was to travel as a group, together, and make an entrance into an event as a group to make our presence as a Club obvious.

It was bad enough that a few of us hung back with Johnny on the AA and the rest of the club took off, but it is inexcusable that it happened again after we finally regrouped. If a member traveling in the group has a problem with his/her car, pull off to the side of the road so we'll all know what's going on & if the problem vehicle needs to break away for a bit, fine. Then we need a plan for the rest of the group to stick together until we can all regroup.

If we can do it, we need to identify places where we will regroup if we get separated. There were several times during the trip up to Olive Hill that I was so frustrated I felt like turning around and going home. Probably exactly what John & Lori finally did.

The cell phones didn't work for most of our club for whatever reason. Compact walkie-talkies aren't very expensive and they have a pretty good range. When I've traveled long distances with other cars we all carried a walkie tuned to a particular channel & it is surprisingly effective for letting everyone know we needed to stop for gas, rest stop break, food, ect. From my experience thus far with the Club, this was an anomoly & one I'd like to avoid in the future.

As far as the CCC Cruise In, good people, some very nice cars, trucks, & vans, & it really is a nice drive from here to there. Glad I went & we're (my wife, son & I) ready to go again. Thanks John B.

Now then, it seems idiotic to have to do it, but every time I've gone to a road course track event, I've had to check off a list indicating I checked torque on my wheel studs, checked my tires and steering components, and on and on. Maybe we need to make up a list of items members need to make certain they take with them on a cruise and items they need to make sure they check on their cars before taking off on a long cruise. Again, it seems stupid, but I guarantee you that every pilot that has flown the same plane and same route hundreds of times goes through a check list before he gets pushed away from the passenger ramp and taxis to the runway for takeoff.
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel on June 6th 2011, 6:54 pm

Sometimes things happen.. Yes it was frustrating at times.. There was one goal in mind and it was going to be followed through. Things could've been a bit different. But I wouldn't have changed a thing. Everyday, every minute of our lives is a learning experience.. I hope we all have taken something from it. I had a great day and I didn't let any of the stress get to me. I'm sure people go through their cars and do some kind of checks. We are used to getting in our cars and just taking off most of the time. Aryan's Firebird, we are still working on things. It was a mad dash to get it ready in 3 days. I think Steve done a great job at it. It is a habit to look at every gas station to see if a fellow crusier is there. Sorry you guys missed us. As far as future cruises, I don't know if anything will go differently. Only time will tell.. I look forward to every cruise! Escpecially with the Carter County Cruisers! They are my family and I was not letting anything get me down! So I will see whoever wants to join us on the next cruise!!
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster on June 6th 2011, 7:31 pm

I agree with Z-YOU, when travelling in a convoy, compact walkie-talkies are invaluable.

I saw some Scroungers performing a roadside repair at the California Marketplace Saturday afternoon. I was on my way back from purchasing a new lawn mower in Flemingsburg, Kentucky.
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 6th 2011, 9:48 pm

That was me.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 on June 7th 2011, 12:03 am

Thats the INTERGALACTIC PRESIDENT OF THE SHADE TREE RACE TEAMS BIKE MAD DOG! Unless he sold it.. He is by far the greatest guy I have ever met in the Bike world.. We have had lots of good time, Even Rockingham, drag racing up the track from the traps to the start line on quad's smashed on SHINE we still laughs about that! OUCH!
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by chev_hotrod on June 7th 2011, 12:36 am

well here we go i havent been on in a while .i did not plan on going on the cruise but i talked to joey se said they had already left udf so me and the ol lady jumped (and i do mean jumped) and took off if anybody knows me i always have a spair my daughter had a flat on her ls monte a couple nights before the cruise which she had 2 flats i am sorry i had to use the spair for 18 miles i thought when we run to gether it is for that reason if we have a problem the othere members would be there to help .do you think any other club would of rolled on and left a fallen soldier behind...lol shows are cool the the ride is where it is at joe showed up he offered the vette wheel thats what being in a club is about and last cruise somebody used my battery( more than glad to help) but i heard they was a couple things said about me having a flat on the way back which was uncalled for but we know who are friends are THANKS TO THE SCROUNGERS Smile I HAD FUN (EVEN THOUGH I DESTROYED A $200 WELD WHEEEL and a 100 dollar tire.
chev_hotrod
Scrounger

Number of posts : 462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodaaron77 on June 7th 2011, 1:28 am

I am the only old school one hear. walkie talkies, cell phones, what happened to a good old cobra and a wilson 1000 tunned to ch 19
hotrodaaron77
Scrounger

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2010-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John B on June 7th 2011, 1:57 am

LRS30 wrote:Thats the INTERGALACTIC PRESIDENT OF THE SHADE TREE RACE TEAMS BIKE MAD DOG! Unless he sold it.. He is by far the greatest guy I have ever met in the Bike world.. We have had lots of good time, Even Rockingham, drag racing up the track from the traps to the start line on quad's smashed on SHINE we still laughs about that! OUCH!

Thats Cassanova's chop these days. He's a Shade Tree / McGillicutty Speed & Kolor Guy

But I gotta say Mad Dog is on my list of coolest people ever. Check out the shirt Cassanova was wearing, from the World Party/Mad Dog's Wedding.....

John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by John B on June 7th 2011, 2:30 am

hotrodaaron77 wrote:I am the only old school one hear. walkie talkies, cell phones, what happened to a good old cobra and a wilson 1000 tunned to ch 19

Then you guys would never get out of the UDF parking lot. Be to busy trying to figure out who is going to be Bandit One and who is going to be Bandit Two.
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top