{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

GTO with factory exhaust cut outs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GTO with factory exhaust cut outs.

Post by RebStew on February 9th 2011, 10:12 am

I can't believe I found this video. I was telling a few guys in the club about this and I think they thought I was nuts. Pontiac was heavy into the racing scene. They even hired street racers to test new cars for them on Woodward Ave under the shade of night.
One cool thing that they ALMOST got away with was a cut out exhaust system for the GTO. I had read up on it, what I could find but the info was not all that good. What happened is Pontiac stuck an extra pull cable under the dash. Right next to the Ram Air pull cable was a vacuum actuated exhaust . With one pull you had free flowing open pipes. They made a few and put out the commercial you see below. The commercial ended up biting them in the rear. One of the high ranking members seen the commercial over the weekend and Monday morning pulled the plug. I'm not sure of the numbers but it was very low that made it out the door with this option. Makes you wonder what a car with this option would bring at Barris Action, if there is even one left on the road today.

Wanted: 1950 Buick bumper and grille.
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top