{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Andy's 1992 S10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andy's 1992 S10

Post by CustomCabby on August 25th 2010, 3:35 am

Well, I haven't posted anything about the truck because I really have not done much till now. While we were camping, dummy me went to back it up and turned too sharp and ended up hitting a stop sign that was on our camp lot... hence the pinched driver fender. I have been on the look out for a pair of fenders for a while since these are pretty rusty and just need replaced. So last week I decided to flip the bill for a nice lowering set up. Through Summit, DJM 2" drop spindles, 2" drop springs, drop shocks and 4" blocks. So I go to put it on and come to find out the heated springs weren't the only way it was lowered which I originally thought. There is a pair of drop spindles already on it. Should have looked better the first time. Anyways, so I decide to install the springs and shocks but before I did that, I thought "I wanna go real low", so I cut a full coil off the already drop springs. The following picture is that of my UN-DRIVABLE S10. I cut the rusted inner fenders out, and did some trimming on the lips as well. And it STILL rubs. It rubs so badly that the tire has wore a hole in the blower motor box. The front skid plate is about 1.5 inches from the ground. SO.... back to Summit I go to re-order springs and LEAVING THEM ALONE! LOL. And, if anyone needs some "new" lowering parts for an S10 or G-Body car, let me know, I will be posting them for sale.

And no, I was not standing on a hill or leaning, that is the truck lowered that much. I figured, it is a little more than 6" from the stock height. Once I get these wheels off and get the others, the blocks will go on to even it out a bit more. I would love to leave it at this height with the rear down a little but it's just not possible without bagging it.

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andy's 1992 S10

Post by CustomCabby on August 26th 2010, 2:55 am

Well, out of curiosity, I took it for a drive today, and as soon as I hit a bump, half of my heater box went flying. The tire caught it just right and busted it clean off. Got tire clearance now, LOL! But needless to say, I'm looking for a new heater box .... after the new springs go in!

CustomCabby
Restorer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby on August 27th 2010, 3:53 am

Damage is done with the heater box so I figured I would drive it some and have fun. Better view

CustomCabby
Restorer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lorenzalizares on April 16th 2011, 7:12 am

I would like to lower my S-10 Blazer, does anyone have any suggestions on brands or websites that are helpful???does anyone here knows if the s10 lowering kit of autopartswarehouse.com are good?

lorenzalizares
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 on April 16th 2011, 7:31 am

i got some bell tec 2 in drope spindels $100
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184