{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car

Post by Cratethis on December 20th 2008, 8:48 pm

I'm in for another work session. That sounds like a good time. Plenty of time after holidays and time to plan for it.
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on February 18th 2009, 7:30 am

Thanks to Chad for the tow rig the gasser was moved to Ken's F~Body Speed & Custom Shop for storage for a few months. We need to figure out what to do about the front springs. Anyone have any ideas let me know. The old ones are just too soft. As I said at the meeting, everyone has stuff going on and trying to get their rides ready for summer. The gasser will be on hold for a few months but we can still find parts for it while she sleeps. Thanks everyone for the help today.

Wanted: 1950 Buick bumper and grille.
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith on February 18th 2009, 12:20 pm

RebStew wrote: the Gasser was moved to Ken's F~Body Speed & Custom Shop .
is that what that place is ? Mr chad 4 got his bumper lol wish i could had helped more thanks 4 the help w that Buick saw today that it wasn't really what i thought it was so oh well need to trade lumina and Buick 4 something like Dave s cavy

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 on March 20th 2009, 8:45 pm

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128077

Some different ones I have'nt seen before posted here....
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on June 30th 2009, 11:39 pm

I've been trying to figure out what to do about the gasser. It's been sitting idle for almost a year now. It is at Kenny's place and he's moving soon so we are going to have to move it. Is this something that you guys still want to work on? I have heard from a couple of members that they may want to buy it. Should we sell it? Fix it? I have a ton of cash tied up in the car and at this time I just can't afford to buy anything else for it. If someone wanted to toss in a few bucks here and there it wouldn't be bad but most of the cash have came out of my pocket not counting what I've donated. There are alot of guys that have stuff in this car. So I need to know what to do. Do we hold on to it and maybe some of the guys will want to help work on it later? should we sell it outright? should we sell it to someone in the club? Private auction on the members thread and the winner gets it?

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff on July 1st 2009, 12:01 am

If its sold I want the motor and trans back,I donated it to get it done and used not sold.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff on July 1st 2009, 2:39 am

I would be interested in it but you guys stripped too much off it to lighten it up.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on July 1st 2009, 3:04 am

When stuff was donated to the car it was made clear that it was to stay with the car so we wouldn't end up with the same way the HA/GR ended up. One person wanted their engine and then everyone wanted their stuff. We talked about this and everyone agreed that the donated parts stayed with the car. If you want to buy the whole car then we can see if the rest of the club agrees. I understand what you are saying. I have more to loose than most on the deal. I have spent way too much. Without having a place to put it and people to work on it what am I to do. It wouldn't take much to get it going but honestly I get tired of asking member to help out.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff on July 1st 2009, 3:38 am

If I known the car would of not got finished I would of kept the motor and built a race car myself but this will be a lesson for me and no more donating parts.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 on July 1st 2009, 4:12 am

what needs done to get it mobile....maybe after the race track cruise some members will get the bug and wanna get the gasser out there bounce .... maybe we can take a weekend and finish it up Laughing .....i still say put a SBC in it Twisted Evil ....
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 on July 1st 2009, 4:30 am

I would love to see it finished, even though I am not a member I also put some time and money and parts into it. I also got a little tired of asking for help so I know where you are coming from, it is a hard thing to do with a group when only a few like to go to the drag stip instead of a parking lot with lawn chairs. It takes a lot of hard work to put a car on the track. I would be willing to help out again on the car Steve if it goes that way. I know a few of us would really like to see it hit the strip. Keep me posted also if the car goes to auction do you have to be a memeber to bid? I think the donations that went to the car went in the right direction, I for one will not be pissed if the stuff I donated gets sold off with the car, I understood the game when I entered, oh well easy come easy go.. Let me know what your thinking Steve... Ryan
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on July 1st 2009, 5:08 am

LRS30 wrote:I would love to see it finished, even though I am not a member I also put some time and money and parts into it. I also got a little tired of asking for help so I know where you are coming from, it is a hard thing to do with a group when only a few like to go to the drag stip instead of a parking lot with lawn chairs. It takes a lot of hard work to put a car on the track. I would be willing to help out again on the car Steve if it goes that way. I know a few of us would really like to see it hit the strip. Keep me posted also if the car goes to auction do you have to be a memeber to bid? I think the donations that went to the car went in the right direction, I for one will not be pissed if the stuff I donated gets sold off with the car, I understood the game when I entered, oh well easy come easy go.. Let me know what your thinking Steve... Ryan
If we acution it off to the club members considering you have more time in it than most of the club members I see no reason why you couldn't bid on it as long as none of the other club members were okay with it.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on July 1st 2009, 5:13 am

magicman_1968 wrote:what needs done to get it mobile....maybe after the race track cruise some members will get the bug and wanna get the gasser out there bounce .... maybe we can take a weekend and finish it up Laughing .....i still say put a SBC in it Twisted Evil ....
Right now money is the hold up. We need a set of front springs because these are weak and won't hold the front up. With a new set of springs in place there are tons of other parts to work with we already have. The 460 is in it and needs wired and fuel. Or we could yank it and toss in something smaller.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on July 1st 2009, 5:20 am

junkyardjeff wrote:If I known the car would of not got finished I would of kept the motor and built a race car myself but this will be a lesson for me and no more donating parts.
Jeff I told one of the officers today that you would raise a stink about this before I even posted anything. I understand you gave us the 460 and if the car leaves the club I understand how you feel. Like I was saying, I have alot of time, money and stuff invested in the car too. How would it be fair to anyone to give you the motor back while the rest of us eat our loss. I would say you have the least amount involve in it. You said something about, if I'd known the car wouldn't have been finished?? I don't see you wanting to help put it together???? I don't see why we can't get this car on the road. Even with just a work session every 2 months the thing would have been done.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 on July 1st 2009, 6:49 am

Last edited by big dogs 42 on January 27th 2010, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff on July 1st 2009, 2:53 pm

The reason I have a issue with it getting sold is I have about 500 dollars invested in the motor and trans and I expected it to get used,I would of like to help build it but I have way too much going on up here and if it could of been built in a someones garage about mid way between then maybe I could of helped. It was easier for me to give parts then to help build but do what you want with it and I will think twice before donating any more parts if they are not going to be used,I will just write this off to a learning experience since it was the first time I did something like this and if its sold all I expect out of it is some food and drinks everytime I attend a club function.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 on July 1st 2009, 3:30 pm

Last edited by big dogs 42 on January 27th 2010, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
1000 post club

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on July 1st 2009, 3:54 pm

If it's sold the money goes towards more than just food. Flyers we have to print for cruise ins and runs, door prizes, set up money for shirts. We just spent 100 bucks on a club canopy and we are getting ready to buy a table for the PA stuff. The list goes on and on.
I'd rather the gasser wouldn't be sold off myself and if I could have my way I'd like for everyone to work together and get it going. I'm just not getting the same vibe from the other members. If you guys go back and look at some post you can see where I kept asking about getting the gasser going or getting rid of it. It has been brought up at almost every meeting we have had and I think Amy even wrote something about it in the last news letter. If I had the space and the money I'd buy the front springs and get the car running but right now I can't.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff on July 1st 2009, 11:47 pm

How much money will it take to buy it.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done on July 2nd 2009, 1:57 am

What's the length on the front springs? I still have the F1 springs that were on my axle when I bought it.
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 on July 2nd 2009, 3:55 am

Let me know what springs you need I may be able to come up with some....I have some free time Steve if you want to try to get it running we can always put the springs in later.. I will trade some Hot Rod parts for the FAlcon lol....
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew on July 2nd 2009, 8:25 am

Kenny do you remember what the spring was? They were alot longer than I figured they would be but I can't remember and the car is in Falmouth.

Jeff If you want to make an offer on it we will talk it over with everyone and see if they really want to sell it or fix it.

RebStew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith on July 2nd 2009, 9:34 am

no clue tell me what 2 do and ill take care of it going home in the afternoon 4 a couple hours
you guys can do a work session were its at i should have enuff tools 2 do what you need 2 do ?

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Skirt on July 2nd 2009, 4:38 pm

i think the club should keep the gasser, i know it really dont matter what i think since i wont be working on getting it running, but it is a club car. donations from MORE THAN 1 member got this thing where it is. it wouldnt be fair to sell it to one member. if it is decided to sell it then it should be to someone outside the club, to keep things at peace within the members. (i just hate bickering) correct me if i am wrong but a donation is just that, a donation. jerrys kids dont give back money because they havent cure md yet. scratch thats my 2 cents for what its worth
The Skirt
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2007-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 on July 2nd 2009, 4:54 pm

Last edited by big dogs 42 on January 27th 2010, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
1000 post club

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top